Chef Patron Ash Heeger
Born in Mthatha, raised in Cape Town and inspired by the world at large, Chef Ash Heeger is on a culinary mission that just keeps getting better, bigger and more exciting.
After completing her studies at the reputable Silwood School of Cookery, Ash moved onto exciting places with exceptional people. She trained under the acclaimed Chef Luke Dale Roberts at La Colombe and then at The Test Kitchen.
Hungry for international influence, she spent time abroad in Michelin 2 Star kitchens, first with Brett Graham at The Ledbury in Notting Hill, London, followed by 2 years at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal.
At what would seem like the peak of a career in the metropolitan capital, Ash felt the urge to return to her roots in South Africa. Inspired, Ash brought elite experience, passion and something totally unique to the Cape Town restaurant scene, starting with her very own ASH Restaurant in 2016.
Having spent two years finding the perfect suppliers, and seasonal produce, Ash brings us Riverine Rabbit. A fine dining experience based in the heart of Cape Town.
• 2011 Sunday Times Young Chef of the Year
• 2012 McCain Chef of the Year
• 2012 Regional Winner Jeunes Chefs – Chaine des Rotisseurs
• 2018 SASSI Trailblazer
EVENTS & COLLABORATIONS
• 2016 Convivium
• 2016 BIFFS big 6 Launch
• 2017 Meatopia UK
• 2017 H2zero Waterless Cooking Challenge
• 2017 Robertsons Herbs & Spices Pop-up Kitchen
• 2018 Little Gig
• 2018 Steve Madden Self-Made campaign
• 2018 Robertsons Herbs & Spices campaign
• 2018 Moët Chandon campaign